Golden Hour means the first and the last hour of sunlight during the day, when the photographer is able to achieve that magnificent magic effect of a shot due to the quality of light.
National Geographic asked Your Blog community to show their best images of dusk and down around the globe. Here we would like to share some of the most impressive photos from the travel category of the “Golden Hour” album, which were submitted by professional and hobbyist photographers.
1. Monument Valley, Utah. Photograph by Mark Donougher
Sunset provides magical light for less than five minutes on the Diné deities.
2. Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, D.C. Photograph by Alexander Erkiletian
The memorial wall is a powerful monument. It is more powerful at this time of day when the city isn’t bustling and the crowds are not there.
3. Tuscany, Italy. Photograph by Renato Raggi
The Tuscan landscape is sweet and when it is touched by the right light, even the most common scenery becomes magic.
4. Mesa Arch, Utah. Photograph by Gerhard Korts
Mesa Arch is really a magical place but also quite a challenge for photographers. Not so much because of the difficult light but because of getting a place for your tripod at all. Arriving there one hour before sunset might not be enough for the first row. I really could not imagine that there are only about ten places from where you can take a nice shot.
5. Jama Masjid, Delhi. Photograph by Manoj Sharma
Early morning click at Jama Masjid, Delhi. The small domed pavilion makes the perfect frame for the sun.
6. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco. Photograph by Michael Bennett
The Golden Gate Bridge, just before sunrise.
7. Monte Fitz Roy, Argentina. Photograph by Helminadia Ranford
Taken from Laguna Capri camp in the morning.
8. Corfe Castle, Dorset, England. Photograph by Andreas Jones
Sunrise at Corfe Castle, bathed in mist.
9. Rice Terraces, China. Photograph by Daniel Chong
Just plain lucky to have been there to welcome the glorious sun rays.
10. Santorini, Greece. Photograph by Raymond Choo
The picturesque Oia village is located on a sheer cliff on the northern tip of the volcanic Santorini island in Greece. It is famous for its architecture and sunset views.
11. New York City. Photograph by Raffi Bashlian
Floating golden patches of clouds reflected on glass skyscrapers as beautiful New York City watches the sun go down.