Japanese visual artist Chino Otsuka, living in London, UK, travels in time as she combines her childhood photos with present images of herself. Otsuka’s series “Imagine Finding Me” combines digital compositions from various countries during different years of artist’s life. The images are manipulated in a way the viewer can really believe they were not retouched.
“The digital process becomes a tool, almost like a time machine, as I’m embarking on the journey to where I once belonged and at the same time becoming a tourist in my own history.” - says Otsuka.
How would it be to travel in time and meet your own self in the past?
1. Chino Otsuka, 1977 and 2009. Jardin du Luxembourg, France
2. Chino Otsuka, 1981 and 2006. Ofuna, Japan
3. Chino Otsuka, 1980 and 2009. Nagayama, Japan
4. Chino Otsuka, 1979 and 2006. Kitakamakura, Japan
5. Chino Otsuka, 1985 and 2005. Beijing, China
6. Chino Otsuka, 1976 and 2005. Kamakura, Japan
7. Chino Otsuka, 1982 and 2006. Tokyo, Japan
8. Chino Otsuka, 1984 and 2005. London, UK
9. Chino Otsuka, 1984 and 2005. Richmond hotel, France
10. Chino Otsuka, 1975 and 2005. Spain
11. Chino Otsuka, 1982 and 2005. Paris, France